The Illinois Interfaith Immigration Coalition (IIIC) will present "Faith, Justice, Humanity and Immigration: A Reflection on our Immigration Policy" Oct. 20 at Harper College.
The forum, which will run from 9 a.m. to noon in the Wojick Conference Center, is meant to provide the audience time for reflection on the human toll of our nation’s immigration policy.
Speakers will include The Congregational Coordinator for the Chicago New Sanctuary Coalition, Rev. Sara Wohlleb as the keynote speaker; Tony Wasileswki from the “Tony and Janina’s American Wedding” film; 17-year-old student “Dreamer” Maria Q; and the co-founder of the Palatine-based Sikh Religious Society, Dr. Balwant Singh Hansra.
Key and supportive speakers will center on dispelling myths and providing their perspective through the lens of their personal faith. There will also be time for discussion as well as resources provided by local groups.
Forum co-sponsors include:
- The Clerics of St. Viator
- St. James Church
- St. James Peace & Justice Committee
- UbuntU Project Countryside Church UU
- Unitarian Universalists for Social Justice
- The Children of Abraham Coalition
- Islamic Education Center
- Hadi School of Excellence
- Sikh Society
- Our Saviors Lutheran Church
- Interfaith Committee for Detained Immigrants
- Northern Alliance for Immigrants
- Council of Islamic Organizations of Greater Chicago
- Uniting America
- Sisters and Brothers of Immigrants
- Human Services Program of Harper College
- Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society Chicago
— Submitted by the IIIC