- Buffalo Grove recently received a Clean Air Counts award in recognition of the village’s environmental plan.
- Director Greg Boysen presented a plan to test Geo-Melt next winter. The de-icing agent’s effectiveness will be compared with that of calcium chloride.
- Terry Vavra accepted a plaque in recognition of the department’s fundraising efforts for the Muscular Dystrophy Association. Volunteers collected $22,522 in 2010. This year’s drive is scheduled for Aug. 26 at Lake-Cook and Buffalo Grove roads and Sept. 2 near Dundee and Arlington Heights roads.
- Golf director Carmen Molinaro delivered an update on operations at the and the , highlighting amenities, damage incurred from and revenue. He said year-to-date revenue is up at The Arboretum, while the Buffalo Grove Golf Club has posed more of a challenge, partly due to the rainy spring.
- Trustees deferred action on a proposed ordinance that would allow to operate in the village.
- Trustees voted 6-0 to pay Telecom Innovations Group $103,009 for a new telephone system in all village facilities. The $21,000 cost for server and equipment upgrades will be split with the Buffalo Grove Park District, bringing the village’s total cost to $113,509. The village previously spent $70,000 to upgrade the core infrastructure. The new phone system, which includes a centralized voice mail, call accounting and fax services, replaces a system that is more than 20 years old. It will be implemented at , the Public Works department and and fire departments.
- Trustees voted 6-0 to pay up to $29,963 to St. Aubin Nursery to replace parkway trees. The village will also contract with the nursery to plant trees in place of those infected by the emerald ash borer. The $20,000 cost will be covered by grant funds.