The Village of Buffalo Grove in conjunction with the Lake County Division of Transportation, the Cook County Highway Department, and the Illinois Department of Transportation is performing a Preliminary Engineering Study for Weiland Road/Prairie Road from Lake Cook Road to IL Route 22 in Lake County and for Lake Cook Road from Buffalo Grove Road to Hastings Lane in Cook County.
As part of the study, the Village will conduct a second neighborhood meeting that will specifically focus on the Weiland Road (north of Lake Cook Road) and Prairie Road portions of the study area. The objectives of the second neighborhood meeting are as follows:
- Present results of additional traffic signal warrant investigations at locations identified by residents.
- Present results of pedestrian crossing studies at locations identified by residents.
- Present revisions to scope of proposed improvements.
- Present results of Connector Road alternative analysis, including advantages/disadvantages and relative impacts.
- CMAP presentation on regional planning and travel demand forecasting for Weiland Road/Prairie Road.
- Present influence of railroad and school operations on project design.
- Seek public input and comments.
All interested persons are invited to attend the neighborhood meeting for this project. This meeting will include a presentation followed by a question & answer session. Representatives from the Village, the Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning (CMAP) and the consultant staff will be available to discuss the Weiland Road and Prairie Road portions of the project and to answer questions.