A man facing hazing charges following the death of 19-year-old David Bogenberger at a Northern Illinois University fraternity house has surrendered to Northfield Police.
James P. Harvey, 21, turned himself in on Dec. 19 on a $15,000 warrant out of DeKalb County for hazing not sanctioned by an institution and hazing with bodily harm, police said. Harvey was released after posting $1,500 cash bond, or 10 percent of the bond, and was issued a Dec. 28 court date in DeKalb County, police said.
Harvey, of 1717 Colonial Lane, Northfield, is vice president of the Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity where Bogenberger, a freshman at NIU, was found dead on Nov. 2. Harvey was among the five fraternity leaders who were issued a Class 4 felony arrest warrant.
, who was from Palatine. His death has been determined to be alcohol and hazing-related. Autopsy results showed that Bogenberger had a blood alcohol content of 0.351, close to five times the legal limit for drivers, according to the Northern Star, the NIU daily paper.
- Alexander M. Jandik, 21, of Naperville, fraternity president
- James P. Harvey, 21, of DeKalb, fraternity vice president
- Omar Salameh, 21, of DeKalb, fraternity pledge adviser
- Patrick W. Merrill, 19, of DeKalb, fraternity secretary
- Steven A. Libert, 20, of Naperville, event planner
Arrest warrants for Class A misdemeanor hazing were issued for the following people, according to the Northern Star:
- Michael J. Phillip Jr., 20, of Western Springs
- Thomas F. Costello, 20, of Munster, Ind.
- David R. Sailor, 20, of Princeton
- Alexander D. Renn, 19, of Naperville
- Michael A. Marroquin, 20, of Roselle
- Estevan A. Diaz, 22, of South Beloit
- Hazel A. Vergaralope, 21, of DeKalb
- Michael D. Pfest, 23, of Chicago
- Andres Jiminez Jr., 19, of Glendale Heights
- Isaiah Lott, 19, of Cupertino, Calif.
- Andrew W. Bouleanu, 21, of Skokie
- Nicholas A. Sutor, 19, of DeKalb
- Nelson A. Irizarry, 19, of DeKalb
- Johnny P. Wallace, 20, of DeKalb
- Daniel S. Post, 20, of DeKalb
- Nsenzi Salasini, 20, of Mount Prospect
- Russ Coyner, 21, of DeKalb