I will be presenting my first extended workshop on LinkedIn for SCORE Chicago on Friday, October 5th at their downtown Chicago offices. I am thrilled with the opportunity to talk again about one of my favorite subjects:
LinkedIn is an online business networking platform and no longer merely just a job search tool. Successful business people know the benefits of growing a strong support network to get things done more efficiently. LinkedIn can be an effective tool to add to your arsenal and aid in your quest once you learn to use it correctly. So if you have a LinkedIn profile and a few contacts, but you just don't get “what's in it for me?” or what the big “buzz” is all about, then you must take this workshop.
To be covered -
• What is LinkedIn and why your small business needs to have a presence.
• The benefits of networking and marketing on LinkedIn.
• How search works on LinkedIn or how to be 'found'.
• Completing your profile and presenting your company brand.
• Using other available sections and applications to further build your credibility.
• Ways to expand your LinkedIn network.
• LinkedIn tools to increase your exposure.
• The benefits and components of 'Company Pages'.
• Benefits of starting your own discussion group.
• Additional marketing strategies and some no-no's to avoid.
Although this a fee based program, SCORE Chicago forms alliances with local libraries, chambers of commerce, banks and other businesses to present this and similar mini-workhops in the north and northwest suburban communities. You can contact me directly for additional information.
SCORE Chicago has 15 north and northwest suburban mentoring locations where free, confidential and lifetime mentoring is offered.
Visit our Web site: http://scorechicago.org for more information.
To make an appointment on line for mentoring/counseling: https://www.securedata-trans5.com/ap/score/index.php?page=10
For a list of suburban mini- and Chicago workshops, visit our Workshop page.