And Buffalo Grove Patch knows there are plenty of residents out there willing to lend a helping hand.
With that in mind, we have looked to volunteermatch.org., a website aimed at bringing "good people and causes together," for volunteer opportunities in our area. Here is a look at five of those opportunities:
- The American Diabetes Association is looking for people willing to help out at the Sept. 28 Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes at Didier Farms. Volunteers will assist with set-up, greeting, registration, rest stops, food and more.
- Cooper Middle School needs tutors and mentors to lend a hand from 3:30-5:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays from Sept. 23 to Feb. 26. Volunteers will help students with schoolwork and engage them in activities. London and Holmes middle schools are also seeking volunteers.
- Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) is looking for volunteer advocates to be the voice of neglected and abused children in court. Volunteers require 40 hours of training before they get to work.
- Northwest Special Recreation Association is searching for a golfer to help an athlete with special needs learn the sport.
- Do you love pets? Illinois Animal Rescue needs volunteers to assist with fundraising, adoption events and transportation.
Does your organization need volunteers? Let the community know in the comment section below or on a Patch blog.