Happy Halloween, Buffalo Grove!
We want you to share your Halloween pictures and stories with us! Is your house decked out for the holiday? Is your kid wearing a great costume? Upload your photos to this story!
Are you taking the kids trick-or-treating? Here’s what you need to know to make the most of Halloween in Buffalo Grove this year.
- Trick-or-treating runs from 2-7 p.m. today. Make sure you play it safe! Here are guidelines from the Village of Buffalo Grove.
- Keep an eye out for firefighters while you’re trick-or-treating. Those tall people in uniforms aren’t big kids in costumes … they are members of the Buffalo Grove Fire Department who are distributing treat bags to 1,000 children in the village’s neighborhoods. Five lucky recipients will find a “Golden Ticket” in their bag that can be redeemed for a ride to school in a fire truck.
- Tame the candy monster with these tips from the Lake County Health Department. Tips include what to do before and after you go trick-or-treating.
- Enter to win Patch’s Best Halloween Costume in America Contest … you could take home $250 or $5,000!
- Have some fun. “Boo” your neighbors! (Give them treats, not tricks!)
- Send candy to the troops. Find yourself with too much candy at the end of the day? Donate some to deployed military members. Area dental professionals are participating in a candy buy-back program to benefit the troops (and to help save our teeth). Dr. Yan Razdolsky at Forever Smiles is among the participants. Find more here.