This is my tenth Patch blog post, and I thought I’d celebrate this completely unimportant, pointless and uninteresting occasion by detailing why blogging on the Patch has been so much fun.
TOP TEN REASONS TO BLOG ON THE BUFFALO GROVE PATCH:
(10) It’s yet another way to embarrass my kids.
(9) At $1000 per post, it’s easy money.
(8) The Lake Zurich and Deerfield Patches repeatedly rejected me, so Buffalo Grove was my consolation prize.
(7) To paraphrase Will Ferrell in Anchorman, “I don't know how to put this, but – since blogging on the Patch – I'm kind of a big deal”.
(6) With the unemployment rate finally starting to decline, the number of people with nothing better to do than write annoying, critical comments on my posts has considerably dropped.
(5) It’s impossible for anyone to know if I do or do not wear pants when I'm writing.
(4) My mother has never been prouder of me.
(3) It’s real people expressing real thoughts and opinions, not just local politicians and business owners shamelessly promoting themselves without having to spend a dime on advertising. Um, er, uh, I may have to rethink this one.
(2) It’s nice to finally be able to write openly on the internet using my real name – I was getting pretty darn tired of hiding behind that stupid Hipcheck16 moniker.
(1) There’s something about Cristel......