Today is Small Business Saturday, a day aimed at supporting locally owned shops after hitting national retailers for Black Friday bargains.
There's no shortage of privately owned stores and restaurants in the Buffalo Grove area, and many of them have been featured on Patch.
Take a look back at some of our local business coverage:
- Firewood Kabob Owner Puts 'Love in the Food'
- New Website Makes Car Service Appointments Hassle Free
- Buffalo Grove Theater Seeks Public Support to Stay in Business
- Buffalo Grove Resident Starts Business from Love of Macarons
- Title Boxing Club Opens in Buffalo Grove
- Hope's Closet Serves Girls with Scoliosis
- 'Authentic' Indian Restaurant Opens in Buffalo Grove
- Shiver Me Timbers! Pirate-Themed Store Opens in Buffalo Grove
- Suburban Chef Buys Las Palmas
- Patch Passport: Hidden Gem - Long Grove Confectionery
For a complete list of Buffalo Grove businesses, peruse Patch's directory, where you can find information about the location, store hours, and more.
If you've visited a particular business, give them a shout out by leaving a review on their listing. This lets others in the community know what kind of experience their neighbors had, and is another way of supporting our local merchants on this day and every other day of the year.