In your advertising, is it important for your business to be viewed as forward thinking and on top of trends? Incorporating Quick Response (QR) codes into your marketing materials can do just that!
What are QR codes?
Simply put, QR codes are essentially graphic barcodes that can be scanned by any smartphone by downloading a free scanning app. QR codes are square-shaped graphics, containing pixelated-looking black dots on a white background. You’ve most likely seen them while out and about on posters, magazine ads and in-store flyers; they’re even on catsup bottles! Once users scan the QR code, they will be directed to a website for additional information. A QR code can link to any website, to a video hosted on a website, a Facebook page, etc.
How can you use QR codes in your marketing?
QR codes can be placed on any and all of your marketing materials! Let prospective customers quickly and easily learn more about your business, event or promotion. Put QR codes on your business cards, brochures and your signage. QR codes can usually be created at little to no extra charge for you and are typically included in your custom order. You can even incorporate a QR code onto your vehicle wrap! Another great idea is having multiple QR codes to help track where people are most likely scanning them from. For your customers, QR codes are a great option when they come across your information and are interested in learning more but don’t have the means to write the information down at that time. People also like the novelty of being able to scan with their smartphones so they’re more likely to use them.
Looking for additional ideas for putting QR codes in action?
Here are some ideas for incorporating QR codes into your marketing materials:
- QR codes on signage works really well for real estate agents. You can set them up so that when a prospective buyer scans the QR codes, they will be taken to more pictures of the house you’re trying to sell.
- A QR code on your restaurant sign can take customers to a page where they can make reservations easily or order online.
- Get more likes on your Facebook Page by putting a QR code that directs customers to the Page.
- Want more reviews? Use a QR code to send people to your business on Yelp so they can write a review when it’s fresh in their mind.
- Have your QR code link to a coupon. That way you know if people take the time to scan your code, they’re definitely interested in purchasing!