Buffalo Grove is a busy place. From sports to local events to charity happenings, there is a lot going on, and there's always a place for you to share it on Patch.
Community members are invited to connect with the Buffalo Grove community by becoming one of our Local Voices. Local Voices contributors are passionate community members who want to spread the word about their organization, share their expertise on a particular topic or deliver their opinions.
Here's a look at just a few of our current contributors:
- Mary Hirsch provides information for seniors and their families to help them make good decisions. She also provides individual and group coaching for seniors and wellness education.
- Dr. Carl Kalbhen, a Long Grove resident, writes about the science, history, philosophy and humor of medicine.
- Lisa Kaplin, a life coach and psychologist, shares views on women's issues including relationships and motherhood.
- Lake County Family YMCA shares news and events in this county-wide blog.
- Eric Scott, who has a daughter on Buffalo Grove's Starlights synchronized skating team and a son on the Lincolnshire Lightning soccer team, provides updates from the youth sports arena.
- Dr. Stewart Segal, a Board certified family physician from Long Grove, shares his passion for health-related issues on this blog.
- United Way of Lake County shares announcements and updates from the nonprofit arena.
- Michael Yublosky, who lives in Buffalo Grove, is a self-professed "Web Professor" who blogs about Internet-based tools for networking and job searching.
We’d like to keep expanding that list, and add more to our Local Voices team. Here are some facts about Local Voices contributors:
- Writers do not have deadlines or receive assignments. If you have something to say, write about it! If you can’t think of something to write about for a week or more, that’s fine. Local Voices is available whenever you're ready.
- You own your content. You can republish your material from your blog or your organization's newsletter, or start from scratch. Just follow our Terms of service.
- It’s very easy to get started. Publishing an article on Patch is something anyone (who is at least 14 years old) can do.
If you are interested in writing about the following topics, or have another idea of your own, please contact us!
Youth or Adult Sports League Participants: Are you a coach, player or founder of a sports team of club? We’d love to have you on board to write about the games, highlight players that deserve recognition and more.
Religious Organization Leaders: What better way to get your religious organization’s name out there than to post in Local Voices. Publish your sermons, tell the community about membership drives, raise awareness about programs and service opportunities, and more!
School Leaders: Is your institution doing great things? Tell the Buffalo Grove community about it by posting on Patch.
Government Leaders: Whether you are a member of an elected board or a professional leader, you can share your organization's news and events with the community.
Community Members: If you consider yourself an expert in something, write about it! Couponing, parenthood, gardening, health and wellness, or just Buffalo Grove itself — we want to hear what you have to say.